You will have 20 minutes to plan, write and revise an essay about the topic below. Your response will be judged on how well you develop a position, organize your ideas, present supporting details, and control the elements of standard written English. You should write 200-300 words.
PTE Write Essay Sample – Free PTE Essay Writing Sample Answer
The impact of social media on society.
Social media has transformed how individuals connect, communicate, and exchange information. This essay discusses the positive and bad consequences of social media on society.
- Connectivity and Communication: Social media has enabled global communication between friends, family, and communities. Instant communication and real-time updates have fostered interconnectedness and virtual social relationships.
- Information Sharing and Awareness: Social media has democratized information, allowing anyone to share news, thoughts, and ideas on many issues. It has contributed to social awareness, activism, and crisis communication.
- Business and Entrepreneurship: Social media platforms allow entrepreneurs and businesses to market their products and services and interact with customers worldwide. It allows small businesses to compete with larger ones, spurring economic growth and innovation.
- Social media use can cause anxiety, despair, and low self-esteem. Constant comparison, cyberbullying, and the need to create a manicured online persona can harm mental health.
- disinformation: Social media also spreads disinformation and fake news. Unverified or misleading information spreads quickly, causing uncertainty, mistrust, and social conflict. A well-informed society must address misinformation.
- Privacy and Security Concerns: Social media networks collect and use personal data. Personal information can be used for identity theft, cyberstalking, and online harassment. Digital privacy and safety are crucial.
In short, Social media has changed how we interact, communicate, and get information. It offers connectivity, information exchange, and business prospects but also mental health, disinformation, and privacy issues. Individuals, policymakers, and social media platforms must collaborate to reduce harmful effects and promote responsible use. We can use social media to make society more educated, connected, and inclusive through promoting well-being, accuracy, and security online.